- Use 2 heaped teaspoons of Manutex RS to 1 litre of water or follow the instructions included with Deka Marble Medium.
- Stir the mixture well and leave to stand for 2 hours until it has thickened into a gel. The solution will keep for up to 24 hours.
- Pour into a flat, plastic container so that it is 2-3cms deep.
- Drop colours onto the surface where they will begin to spread. Move the paint around with either a comb or a stick until you are happy with the pattern.
- Carefully lay the wrinkle free paper or fabric onto the surface of the size and leave it to rest for 10 seconds.
- Lift off, rinse gently under cold water, squeeze out and hang up to dry. To fix the paints onto fabric, allow to dry and iron on the reverse with a hot iron for 3 minutes.
To extend the colour range, Jacquard Lumiere and Neopaque paints can also be used for marbling, as can any acrylic based colour.
Find out more about marbling from our Fact File page >