Work Smart and Plan
Take care when working with Art Clay Silver to get the most out of it with little waste. Here are some tips:
- Plan your project before you start. Work out how to make the item as efficiently as possible, calculating quantities and measurements.
- Do not expose the clay to air until you are ready to use it. Keep wrapped in cling film and place in an air-tight container with a piece of damp sponge.
- Rub a little olive oil into your fingers before handling the clay as this will help to stop it drying out.
- Ensure the clay is thoroughly dried before firing as damp clay is likely to crack.
- Recycle powder left over from filing by adding a little water to make silver paste which can be used for repairs or for joining pieces togethr.
Kemper cutters which are perfect for making tiny shapes. The sprung ‘plunger’ releases the clay with a minimum of waste. The Ring Sizing Sheets are an ingenius pad of 'post-it' sheets which can help to measure your ring size and then be transferred to a mandrel for accurate measurement.
how to fire Art Clay Silver and also includes information on how to use a Blow Torch or a Kiln.