|Jo used 'Cyan' H Dupont Classique Dye|
Here is Jo's recipe for (almost) instant results:
- Wet the yarn thoroughly and gently squeeze out excess water.
- Put on rubber gloves (essential!).
- Place in a microwaveable dish and sprinkle over with dye.
- Gently squeeze the hanks to ensure the dyes has absorbed into the fibres.
- Cover the dish with cling film.
- Microwave on full power for 10 minutes. The cling film will inflate, trapping the steam which sets the dye.
- Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
- Not all of the dye will have bonded with the fibre and this excess can be rinsed away in warm water. Repeat this until the water is clear.
|Undyed Bluefaced Leicester Roving Yarn - ideal for dyeing, knitting and then felting|